NEA Baptist Weight Loss Surgery

Losing Weight After Surgery

It is impossible to predict how much weight you will lose with your operation.

In general, people lose between 40 percent and 75 percent of their excess weight. This depends on many factors, including choice of operation, compliance with instructions and amount of exercise.

Patients should select a goal weight which is between 10 and 40 pounds over their ideal weight. This is more realistic and just as healthy as attempting to reach an ideal weight.The operation will do 75 percent of the job, but the other 25 percent is the patient's responsibility.

A proper diet is key to maintaining weight loss surgery. Most physicians provide postoperative diet information to ensure the body is receiving suitable nutrition after the surgery.

Learn more about postoperative diets.
Postoperative Eating Habits.pdf